Code of Conduct
Members of Valverde Bowls Club are required to show respect and consideration to other members and to visitors, both at Valverde and in away matches, to ensure that we sustain a friendly atmosphere and the good name of the club.
The following behaviour is considered unacceptable:
• Verbal abuse of other bowlers, whether or not related
• Arguing and shouting aggressively
• Showing a lack of respect to visitors
• Refusing to shake hands before or after a game
• Indulging in gamesmanship on the green to gain advantage over an opponent
• Showing an aggressive or confrontational attitude to fellow bowlers
• Behaving generally in an unpleasant or antisocial manner to the detriment of other bowlers
• Persistent failure by PAYP members in their responsibility to offer payment of green fees
• Ignoring the club Dress Code - members breaching the code may be warned by the Management Committee and subject to further disciplinary action.
Management Committee, Valverde Bowls Club 1 May 2015
Set out below is the dress code for both VBC members and non members when playing on our green and for members representing the club in home and away matches. Your cooperation in maintaining these dress standards would be appreciated.
We obviously want to make our holiday visitors as welcome as possible so, apart from flat soled shoes, they may choose their own attire.
Local visiting teams are covered by the rules of the league or competition, and overseas teams by their own club rules.
VBC MEMBERS ROLL UPS
Upper: White or club shirts and, if required, white or club sweatshirts/sweaters; Lower: White or grey trousers, shorts or skirts; Shoes: Flat soled and preferably bowling shoes.
MATCHES AGAINST OVERSEAS VISITING TEAMS, CLUB EVENTS & CLUB COMPETITIONS
Upper: White or club shirts and, if required, white or club sweatshirts/sweaters; Lower: White trousers, shorts or skirts; Shoes: Purpose made bowling shoes.
BOWLS ALGARVE & CEAB LEAGUE GAMES AND COMPETITIONS - HOME & AWAY
Upper: Club shirts and, if required, club or white sweatshirts/sweaters; Lower: White trousers, shorts or skirts; Shoes: Purpose made bowling shoes.
Management Committee, Valverde Bowls Club February 2017